Gone are the times when there was little to no real cure for many dental and oral diseases. Consider yourself lucky enough that you are a part of today’s modern world. You can find a cure for the most painful conditions within days and get back to your everyday life. The treatments are also no more painful, thanks to medicines and anesthetics with no adverse side effects!
Talking about dental issues, undoubtedly you are the first one to blame. You must be ignoring your dental health or brushing routine as that is the very first step and the most significant cause of oral problems. Well, if not that the other reason can be no regular dental checkups. In both cases, no one is responsible for your dental issues, but you. When it is too late, it is best to visit a dental specialist near you. You might be having symptoms like pain, swelling, infection, bleeding, swelling, etc. Most of these symptoms are a direct call for root canal treatment, but of course, you can’t figure it out on yourself and need an expert consultation.
Root Canal Treatment Dublin
A root canal is a standard most procedure available at almost all dental clinics. It is usually required when you have a tooth infection that cannot be fixed with medicines etc. It is crucial because an untreated tooth infection can spread to other parts of the mouth and give birth to cancerous agents and bacteria that can lead to cyst formation.
A root canal treatment Dublin aims to eliminate the existing infection and closes all entry points of bacteria. It also helps prevent the chances of re-infection.
The following steps are involved in the root canal treatment in Dublin. If you are about to have the treatment anytime soon, it is best to go through it to prepare yourself mentally.
- Cleaning the root canal
First of all, your dental specialist will clean everything inside your root canal.
And put the patient under sedation- in most cases, doctors prefer giving local anesthesia and make a little cut for the opening for the removal of dead pulp and tissues.
- Filling the root canal
Next, the dental specialist cleans, shapes, and purifies the empty region, utilizing files, etc. At that point, the tooth is loaded up with an elastic-like material, using a tooth cement to seal the earlier-made hole. After root treatment, the patient will feel as if the tooth is dead.
- Adding a crown or filling
In any case, the tooth will be presently more delicate than it was previously. A tooth that doesn’t have a pulp will need nourishment to grow back. Hence it will take it from the ligaments connecting bone and tooth. The tooth will turn out to be more fragile, so a crown or filling offers assurance. The patient should not bite or nibble on the tooth unless the filling process is completed. After the filling is done, the individual can utilize the tooth as in the past.
Advantages of Root Canal Treatment Dublin
No one can understand the importance of root canal treatment better than a person who has already had it once in life. It is a beneficial treatment as it minimizes the pain and helps you eliminate the infection and chances of reinfection. This isn’t it, many things get affected when you have a tooth infection, and the treatment helps you fix them. Some of the most common advantages of tooth canal treatment in Dublin are as follows.
- It improves your chewing process– tooth infections and inflammations are usually around the jaws, making it almost impossible for a person to chew food and rely totally on soft foods and milk. But worry not, because after having root canal treatment, you’ll be able to resume and start eating your favorite food.
- Natural Appearance- what is more important than your teeth looking normal, even after having some treatment? Natural shape and color are essential. After all, no one wants their teeth to look enlarged or yellow after having any treatment, right? Hence, it is the biggest advantage of root canal treatment in Dublin.
- No excess wear or strain- Another common advantage of the treatment is that it won’t affect your neighboring teeth. There will be no wear and strain, and only affected teeth will be touched and treated.
- Less time-consuming is a less time-consuming process; you will need a maximum of two visits to your dentist’s clinic. Each session of the therapy will last around two hours. Likewise, the recovery time is fast as well. And you will be able to resume your everyday activity within twenty-four hours.
Does a root canal treatment in Dublin hurt?
Since patients are given sedation, a root canal treatment isn’t more complicated than a standard dental method, such as filling or getting implants, etc. You might feel slight discomfort or pain equivalent or less than wisdom tooth removal. But don’t worry as you will be given painkillers and antibiotics for 3-7 days post-treatment, which will help you stay comfortable and pain-free.
Signs and symptoms
We aren’t dental specialists, and we don’t know what pain signifies what problem. But what we can do is- check out for our signs and reach a dentist as soon as possible. You don’t need a dental implant or root canal treatment all of a sudden. Your signs and symptoms will start indicating its needs days and even weeks before you have it. But to save yourself from extreme pain, you should keep an eye on the following symptoms and visit a dental specialist if you think even it is a little serious.
- Pain eating food or while chewing something. It is usually a sharp irresistible painful sensation that you feel right after taking a bite of food.
- You might have a pimple or small cysts around the gums.
- A cracked or chipped off tooth is another sign that you might need root canal treatment.
- You might feel extra sensitive to cold or hot food and drinks.
- Weak, swollen, and tender gums and cavities are also a call for help.
- Some sights include dark gums and deep decay.
- Wearing of filling in case you had root canal treatment in the past can also indicate the need for a new therapy.